Let there be light! -- Finally!!

jimeluiz

After 13 long days since I blew the ballast on my lights UPS drove up this morning with my rebuilt ballast from IceCap. No Charge, I had 4 months left on my three year warranty.

I put it all back together, crossed my fingers, then plugged it in.

:snshne: :snshne: :whstlr: :whstlr: :whstlr: :thumbup:

I've never been so happy to see the little disk in my electric meter start spinning wildly.

Poor critters in the tank have hung in there pretty well. I think we may have almost lost our Yellow Polyps, but everything else looks pretty good.

You will remember this whole thing started when I got four new lamps to replace the 9 month old lamps in there. I just put one new one in and will shut things down after about 4 hours. Tomorrow I'll switch out one more, then the next day the same. After all that darkness I figure things will freak out if I sizzle them with all new lights.

Anyway - thanks for the help along the way. Now back to the day to day stuff. :snrkl:

Last edited:

BoomerD

DANG! They took their sweet time didn't they? Ah well, glad you finally got it back, and that was indeed the problem.

Kensn

:snshne: YEA!! :dance: Glad everything survived the ordeal!! :whstlr: IceCap has the best no questions asked service....