Lemonpeel...nipping at my frogspawn!?!

Well guys, whether i saw it or chose not to see it in the past with other corals, im not sure but i saw my lemonpeel today take several nips at my frogspawn!

This isn't good...what if anything can i do to make him stop nipping at my corals or is it as simple as i have to get him out...man that would be tough, he's my first fish and i've had hime for 2 yrs now!

Please help...Thanks!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm... maybe he is the one nipping at your zoas too? Decide on the fish or the corals :(

You could cover the corals with a strawberry basket for a temporary fix until you decide.

i dont have anything to cover them with...i dont want to get rid of him but i want corals...i guess i need to make a desicion...

i thought that a frogspawn would sting him and maybe teach him a lesson..i guess not!?!

since my lemonpeel seems to be going after my frogspawn at the moment, would it be ok to move my frogspawn down into my fuge for the time being...

fidojoe

Fish Addict
roadrunner1659 said:
since my lemonpeel seems to be going after my frogspawn at the moment, would it be ok to move my frogspawn down into my fuge for the time being...
Yup :)

I've heard that a lot, that an angel with be just that, an angel :)D), until one day it starts taking out corals or clams, and doesn't stop.

no i think that the flow in my fuge will be a little less then the main tank...i hate this b/c i love this little fishie but i have corals and i want more so if i new to get him out then i will do what i have to do...although getting him out will be a whole nother thing...haha

...if i get rid of him, i would prefere for him to go to another fish owner rather then the LFS...

ok well i put my frogspawn into my fuge...the lighting is stronger there but i think it will be ok...

it was under 2x65 watt lights at about 6-8 inches away...now its under 96 watt quad 10k lighting at about 6-8 inches away...it will be ok under that lighting for the time being...i think!

man this stinks!

i'll talk to everyone tonight after work...

why is that every website that sells fish, say that flame angels and lemonpeels are reef safe???? obviously, is odds are 50/50 then they aren't reef safe!?!

man i wish i didn't have to get rid of my fish!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Tangs can nip corals too! I've had a regal and a powder blue that would chow on certain LPS.

SoliSteve

There are very few REALLY Reef Safe fish - you need to define what you want to be safe from. Check out Scott Michaels book on Marine Fish and you'll get the best information possible - it's only $25 or less (the pocket book paperback) but you'll get information that will tell you that you run the risk with any Angel - some juveniles are fine and then one day they turn ugly - I lost 3 LPS to a Golden Dwarf Angel and I never saw the SOB except when it was nipping at me Trachy's and Torches!

Witfull

i was just figghting with a guy on RC that wanted a quenn angel in his reef,,everyone was giving the umm no,,,but he just wanted someone,,,anyone to reassure him it was ok,,,,i feel sorry for his reef.

Kieran,,,remember my thread ReefSafe*,,,there is always an asterik

ok guys i found a guy that is interested in my lemonpeel...i wanted to share with you his fish list just to make sure that he would be ok!?!

Queen Angel, blue throat trigger, 2 percula clowns, 1 clarkii clown, paskitan butterfly, 3 blue chromis

...so whould my lemonpeel be ok in the tank with these other residents? also its a 150 gal FOWLR and he also told me that he was planning to upgrade to a 220 in the near future!

also guys, he asked me and i have asked myself as well, will i be giving my fish away or am i selling him??? i have no idea i mean ths fish means alot to me but i know that i cant have him...any ideas? originally bought for 30 dollars...

finally, the guy lives about 1 1/2 hrs away from me...can a fish travel that far in a bag and be ok? what would i have to do so that the fish would be ok?

Thanks Everyone!