Lemonpeel Angel and Corals!

I have a lemonpeel angel that i have had for 3 yrs now...i am trapped in the middle of either getting rid of him or keeping him! This has all came about because i brought home a frogspawn corals and after a week of nothing, my lemonpeel all of the sudden began nipping at my frogspawn relentlessly...currently my frogspawn is in my fuge...

tonight i was watching my tank and i was thinking...i have had green star polyp coral for a year now and its huge, i have also had xenia and mushrooms for about 6 months now and there also doing great...

so what i am wondering, are there specific corals in which a dwarf angel is more likely to go after and nip at then others? because if i can steer clean of those corals i get the ones in which he'll leave alone!

thanks everyone!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I have had many different Dwarf Angels in my tanks and they NEVER bothered any of my Euphyllias it was mostly Zooanthids, Trachyphyllias Clam mantles and occasionally some Acro's.

mine seems to be zerod in on my frogspawn...like i said its in my fuge now but i cant keep it there forever...i had zoa's in my tank but they were closed forever long...then i took them to billys house and they opened that night...

so maybe mine had a sweet tooth for zoa's and my frogspawn...but how can i know whether its only with LPS and zoa's or will it forever be a hit or miss game with corals and my lemonpeel...as long as i keep him!?!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
so maybe mine had a sweet tooth for zoa's and my frogspawn...but how can i know whether its only with LPS and zoa's or will it forever be a hit or miss game with corals and my lemonpeel...as long as i keep him!?!

Well that's the chance you take with the Centropyge ! These guys are grazers and nip everything that's why many people like myself don't keep them anymore it's either the corals or the Angel.

no dave i dont think im keeping it...i am just looking at all of my options...haha

im just making sure that there isn't anything that i can do in order to keep him and continue getting corals and it is looking pretty slime so i will be putting the trap in my tank within the next few days!