Lee please help me again!!

Charles

My yellow tang has been fighting a bacterial infection for some time now. He is kinda white with a little red. You told me to treat him with Furan2. I treated him with three 4 day treatments over a period of about one month.He looked so much better. His dorsal fin grew back, his color was better and he was eating aggresively. I thought he was good to go.

He had a little red around his eyes remaining so I thought I would give him one more treatment. The day after I dosed the first time he looked completly different. He stopped eating and his has not looked good since.

I stopped the treatment and he got even worse. So now I have started the treatment again.

What do you think?

Did that last treatment mess him up? Its hard to believe it was a coincidence because he was soing so much better before I hit him again with the medicine.

Thanks

leebca

I know how it looks. But, that is how (wrong) anecdotal info spreads. It was not the last treatment. The fish has been through a lot of stress. Each takes it's toll on the lifespan of the fish.

When you first treated this fish I thought that the fish would not likely survive. But, it did. Combine the first paragraph with the following: Some fish don't do well in captivity. It's not a species thing, but an individual fish thing.

Perform a huge water change (over 80%), removing the majority of the med. this may have a small shock on the fish and it may eat. Check water and be sure it is top quality. That is about the best you can do for now.