Led recommendation for 24x24x14 frag tank

What led fixture do you recommend for a neo nano 34gallon with the above dimensions? I plan to use the tank as a frag tank or grow out tank. My top picks right now are the hydra or radion gen 3. Not the pro. I just don't know if it's worth spending the extra money on the radion.
retavy2e.jpg

Matt

reefer gladness

DSP

My vote is for the Gen 3,Im loving my Gen 3 pro and the upgradeability is always a good thing, Not to mention the best customer service in the game!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DaveK

One factor to consider with either LED unit your looking at is that the led modules in the fixture are in a line. This gives them a lighting pattern that is more or less a rectangle. Your tank is more or less square. Ideally, you'd get better lighting with two fixturers, but this is more likely more money than you wish to spend.

Yes the Radion does put out more light than the Hydra, but it also cost a lot more. If you compare amount of light verses cost, you'll find it's about a wash.

Other than that, I generally agree with the excellent post by reefer gladness. It all depends....

DSP

1 Gen 3 will cover that tank great! My tank is 36x24x18 and one Radion is more then enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

reefer gladness

Any of you have any experience with the reef breeders fixtures? They are definitely attractive because of the pricing.

Matt

Nothing wrong with their fixtures, several users on this forum use their lights. You get what you pay for to an extent and lose control over the individual channels though. Their units might have 6 different colored LED's but you won't be able to control them independently.

Solid 2-year warranty from a US company though with an option to extend a year which earns good points with me. I still prefer to build my own but wouldn't recommend against this vendor like I would others that sell similar fixtures on eBay without warranty.