Leather Question

greene394

I have had this leather since the middle of Dec of 2008. Its has gotten HUGE!!! Well within the last couple of weeks it has been loosing some branches on the top. I am assuming this is a natural process. We now have 10 new leathers in our tank. I dont know what we are going to do with them all. There is more that is going to fall off soon. What do you guys do when this happens to your leather? How often will this happen?? I have called my LFS and they really dont need any right now cause there business is super slow. We are ok for now, but when this happens again, and the new ones start doing this, we are going to be OVER RUN with these leathers!! Input greatly appriciated!!

coral6.jpg

squiers007

This is how they naturally asexually reproduce and happens all the time with Kenya trees and Colt corals. When mine does it I try and grab the branches before they attach to anything and either throw them out or attach them to a piece of rubble and give them to friends.

greene394

About 4 of them we did not see until they had all ready attatched. So now we are going to have 4 new ones. The rest we have caught and attatched to rubble. Guess I do need to give them away. Just dont know anyone else around with a SW tank.

greene394

lol....I love the idea of getting someone to start one up! Just wish that idea would work! Have not thought of selling them on ebay. I have never shipped an item, let alone sell one. I would be so afraid I would do something wrong! Might have to do that though cause I am fixing to have to get rid of some shrooms too!

greene394

Anyone that lives close to Rutherford Co. in NC, please contact me if you would like one. I also have a few shrooms as well.

lcstorc

This is why I have a Kenya tree forest in my tank.
I recently set up a frag tank for them but even that is full now. I hate to just get rid of them but at some point I guess I will just have to.