Kordon Formalin-3 Treatment

Alright, so I have been treating my clowns with Kordons Formalin-3 for brook for almost two weeks now. While the male has vastly improved the female is now showing signs of the disease. I have them in a hospital tank with noting but an air stone and a heater. I do have the salinity low (at 1.017) to help weakin the disease. My question would be is there something I am doing wrong? I was going to raise their salinity back up today, but the female started showing signs and I wonder if I will ever get rid of this disease. She showed no signs in the beginning but now is.
I have tried both treatments back to back. The long term bath and the dip method. A couple times I even dipped them and treated the tank as well. I am about to run out of the formalin-3 so I am wondering if I should try another treatment? If so what?
Please see this thread for prior help with this problem
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...57445-need-help-asap-clown-turning-white.html

DaveK

Are you keeping up with water changes in your QT tank? Ammonia and nitrite can get way out of hand fast.

Yes I am doing at least 25% H2O changes each time I treat. I am also dosing with Amquel Plus ammonia,nitrite, and nitrate remover because it says it can be used along with formalin 3

leebca

Although I appreciate the product, it isn't how to best give a Formalin treatment. The product is a weak solution of Formalin and technically, isn't Formalin at all. Formalin is formaldehyde gas dissolved in water such that it is about a 37% solution of formaldehyde.

This is how to treat with Formalin:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...s/50755-formalin-treatment-marine-fishes.html

In the above treatment process, a bath is used. Although the product you're using is a weak solution of Formalin, it can be used to make up a proper bath concentration of formaldehyde for the above linked procedure. That is the way I would go, since it works 100% of the time IF the disease has been properly diagnosed.

Good luck! :thumbup:

I do appriciate all the help I was given on this. Next time I will know what to do and hopefully be more successful. Both of the clowns died early this morning I am guessing somewhere around 10am est. I really with they would have survived as I followed treatment from the bottle which was the same as the links lee gave me. I guess the formalin treatment was just too weak and the disease got very aggressive.
I have sat down and cried several times since then because the clowns were my very first fishes when I entered the hobby. So they have been with me for some time. I believe the reason being is a while back I purchased a 5gallon water jug from my lfs and they said I could have the first water for free. Since they used the same type of salt I do I figured I could not go wrong. I brought it home and tested it, but I could not test for diseases in the water :( I do believe that is where I went wrong and I had to learn my lesson the hard way. I had no prior problems before I added their water.
So now I have to do the unthinkable and let them take a ride on the porcelain express :(
Thanks for all of the help. You guys are the best resource I could ask for :)