koralia placement in rsm

AG1

Hi everyone,
I purchased a koralia nano for my rsm.Could you pls help me where to place it and also where to direct it to get the best flow.By the way , I also have a hydor flo attached to the power head ( the one on the right).And 1 more question is about how to connect it to the power center as it has just 5 outlets and a splash cover that makes it very tight!

Reefking

Ag1, Please refer to the 2nd picture. Eversince I moved my K2 up there, I stopped getting red slime algae. Either that or maybe because it was from adding Purigen to my middle rack. I have my K2 plugged directly to the main power outlet, not the RSM's power center.

rsm 1-21-09 - a set on Flickr

Reefking

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
AG1 - Welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

The Koralia placement shown by Reefking is the one typically used by RSM owners, and the power cord normally goes into it's own outlet or into an external powerstrip. The direction of it's flow will depend a lot on your tankj and where you want the flow - behind the rocks or towards the middle of the tank.

AG1

Dear Reefking and Reefmack thank you very much for your kind helps.As I have just a few live rocks my tank is very empty and all I have is just a star polyp rock , a toadstool leather and a frag of xenia.So when I place the koralia nano like in your picture then my xenia gets too much flow.So maybe I should add much more live rock.I have 10kg live sand and will add it to my tank on monday and also will purchase some ceramic rocks to fill the tank.Here is a picture of the tank before adding the corals.

Attachments

• RSM.jpg
    RSM.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 119

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks nice AG1 !!! You can try adjusting the Koralia so the flow isn't blowing on the Xenia, or try moving the pump one way or another. I would think that may be an easy problem to solve. More rock would be good also.

AG1

Thank you very much Reefmack.I'll put some ceramic rocks soon if I can decide how to make the aquascape:)I am still searching the other RSM photos to have some opinions about it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
AG1 - will the ceramic rocks support bacteria populations to help keep the tank cycled? Are the ceramic or the resin type? I'm not familiar with the ceramic rocks that you're mentioning.

AG1

Reefmack-ceramic rocks do the same job like the live rocks.Here is a web site where you can find informations and the before-after pictures of the ceramic rocks. Aquaroche : Accueil They are much more decorative than the live rocks for me:)

AG1

Reefmack-ceramic rocks do the same job like the live rocks and I think they are much more decorative than the live rocks.You can find some informations and before-after pictures at aquaroche.fr

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Reefmack-ceramic rocks do the same job like the live rocks and I think they are much more decorative than the live rocks.You can find some informations and before-after pictures at aquaroche.fr

Cool - I'll check it out and learn something! (If I can get to their site)

Edit - I found it.

Aquaroche

Thanks!