Kent Marine "stuff"

JT101

I have a bottle of Kent Marine PhytoPlex, which I understand is phytoplanton. I also have a bottle of ZooPlex, which is zooplanton. However, can anyone tell me what is in ChromaPlex? Do I need it for a reef tank?

John

lcstorc

Not when they give it to you free at MACNA. :)
I still have several bottles of various stuff.

Witfull

free is still worthless,,,and its a write off towards future sales~

if i give away 20% of a product i mark up 300% and 5% of the 20% buy,,,SCORE~

panmanmatt

All the Kent stuff is nothing but dead organisms. It is very easy to pollute your tank with that stuff.

If you do plan to use it, I would only use it 1-2 a week and at about 1/4 of what they recommend.

Witfull

kent sells 3 good things....and they all get it from someone else,,,salt, RO units, and carbon.

JT101

John here is a good article to help you understand more about feeding

http://somas.stonybrook.edu/~MADL/pubspdf/Emma-clamgrowth.pdf

Jack,

Wow, thanks for the link and all I can think of saying is YIKES!!! I read all 13 pages and I feel like driving home right now and tossing my Kent Marine stuff in the trash. I actually feel like I've been dripping liquid nothing into my tank. Looks like DT's Live Marine Phytoplankton is the hands-down winner here.

Unfortunately, there is always a price to pay for quality in anything and, of course, the cost is higher price AND the need for careful refrigeration in a very narrow range as well as the need to shake the product regularly. Still, when you think of how many hundreds or even thousands we spend on our corals and clams, it's probably not such a bad thing.

I'll get a bottle ASAP.

Thanks
John