Kent marine ro/di

when i move, i am planning to get the kent marine maxxima hi-s for $300. has anybody had any experience with these? are they good ro/di's?

zy112

I had a friend that used one with great results. From looks and there product description looks like a good product.

mps9506

IMO, they are overpiced units. You can get a similar RO/DI unit for around $120-$150 from quite a few good vendors. Take a look at The Filter Guys, Buckeye Field Supply, Melev also sells these units.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That's the one I have. It's a great unit. However, I think you can get comparable units for less money like Mike said.

DaveK

One of the nice things about RO/DI units is that they are all use more or less the same components, plus a few bells and whistles. You can buy a base unit, and add on to it if you need to.

Many get a basic RO unit, and add the DI unit if they still have a problem.

As for the Kent maxxima hi-s, it may be an excellent choice if your water is high in silica. This is one item that most RO units don't remove very well, compared to nitrates and phosphates. However, the others are correct. This is an expensive unit, and the less expensive units are almost as good. If you find you really do need the silica removal, you can purchase a Hi-S membrane filter for about $90, and a Hi-S DI filter for about $35.

sebastian

mine is working fine for last 3 years... i bought 2 others for my customers over 2 years ago and it's performing well, my readings are about 16 -18 ppm but it's time to replace membrane and filters... new was 0 ppm. i'm happy with it.......ohhh by the way...seller offers other set ups.....some with press. tanks and some with UV light..... UV is my next upgrade to my system.

ok thanks. what would be better to store the water in instead of the 4g pressurized container? i need like 12-15 gallons storage. like a gas tank? but i need to prevent it from overflowing

sebastian

just buy garbage can...but not cheap one...and install float valve in it.....one line with water from RO will go thru that valve and once it will reach the point it will shut the water (pressure valve incl with most of good RO units)....thats how simple it is:invisible

rmlevasseur

I have a spectra pure that I use for top off and drinking water. I don't use the DI part. Don't buy that metal holding tank if your use is just for fish, as it really doesnt hold much water to begin with. Its more for an under-the-sink thing for drinking water. Use a garbage pail as suggested with a float switch.

Keep in mind that there are different types of membranes. One type for chlorine and another type for fresh, and they come rated in different gallons per hour. The membranes are expensive and need to be regularly replaced, depending on how much you use it.

sebastian

**** man... i tought it's not magic..... of course you have to hook it up to water line (cold!)..... the kit is included.....you open the valve when water needed and closing after the water is ready.... hope this helps :alien: