Keeping up with the joneses!

Newjack

OMG, I just looked outside and saw a delivery truck bringing in 4 sheets of glass and lots of boxed stuff at my neighbors! Could he be getting a huge reef tank? The sheets of glass were at least 5 foot long! Now I am going to have to start shopping for one at least 5'1" long! Every time they come over they all eye ball my little tank...

Hey, maybe ill have someone to trade with right next door :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I think I'd GO ASK & then update this thread. ;) Curious reefers need to know :fishy:
Even if your neighbor isn't getting a tank: If you have room & funds, You should lead the way ;)

Newjack

I am getting dressed to head over there they the delvery truck just left so it took them 2 hours to just unload. Its gotta be something big!

Newjack

dimension of 72"L X 30"H X 48"D 500 gallon tank that's a 6 foot tank :( I got room but cant afford a 501 gallon tank 6'1" long :grind:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
So, they are having a 500gal. tank built?
And they didn't mention this to you before they got started? :ponder2:

Newjack

I went over and asked and they got equipment out the wazoo. Its a reef tank. He said mostly tax money into it. He mentioned doing a tank before but not a 500g lol There going to build in it in the wall in there bedroom

Oxylebius

A tank in the bedroom? I would want a tank where I spend the most time (living room, dinning room, kitchen) but not the bedroom. To each their own.

Iamonlyme

Or you can do what we do one in the bedroom one in the dining room and three in the living room I should probably add all are wet but only 3 with livestock lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

I agree that there are some pretty fantastic built in custom tanks out there, always love to do a search on them. But, can you imagine the cost of water changes...

Newjack

I wonder if they have something that does it automatically. Like a ladybug thing that cleans the pool. Maybe they have one that sucks itself onto the glass and runs around??? Maybe new invention idea? Don't steal it!! :faces:

Newjack

yeah but that's small. and would only work for stand alone tanks. I am talking something that is only on the inside of tank and a lot bigger like for a house built around on like above.