Just Fragged Colt--Any more Advice?

LisaB

Well, I finally screwed my courage to the sticking place and fragged my colt. It had been taking over my tank for some time and I finally had to admit that I could no longer re-arrange the corals to keep from getting burned--so I did it.

I used scissors and cut three "limbs" off. They are currently resting on the bottom of the tank. I am running carbon right now since I had to frag in the main tank (rock and coral were too big to take out). I've got water ready for a water change. How long should I run the carbon before I do the water change? A couple of hours? Twenty-four?

Everything looks pissed right now--I had to move things around a bit to position the colt to frag, but notthing above the normal reaction I get when I've been busy in my tank. Should I watch for anythihg specific to warn me of a problem?

It's a 58 gallon tank, if you need that info. Stock is currently, a lobophyllia, asst. zoos and polyps, a candy cane, an alveopora, GSP and a finger leather. Fish are false perc, bangaii cards, firefish. Thanks!

BoomerD

Take the 3 pieces you cut off the "mother", and superglue them to small rock frags. Then you can place them where you want them,. or trade them to other reefers or the LFS. Dry the rocks slightly with a towel, dry the frag where you want to put the glue, just a drop of the gel superglue, stick em together, and "PRESTO"!, a new frag! Very easy to do, they will stand being out of water for a minute or two, so no worries there, just try to minimize the "air time". I do it frequently, and with xenia, I just cut it, and rubberband the frag to a rock, in a week or so, take the rubberband of & it has attached.

mwrager

I would just change the carbon out every 24 hrs and for a few days. I would keep an eye on everything else in your tank. If they start to look stressed, then do a water change.. Just my .02