just bought a decorator crab

hehe just got my first spider decorator crab and he's HUGE He went through and was covered in hair algae when i bought him now he is covered in hair algae and my Zoos

Witfull

so, an evil crab brought hair algae into your tank,,then proceeded to ravage your zoanthids,,,sweet critter~

Scouter Steve

so, an evil crab brought hair algae into your tank,,then proceeded to ravage your zoanthids,,,sweet critter~

I was thinking the same thing when I read the first post. I see those crabs in other peoples tanks and yes they look cool but I would be pissed if it started cutting up my corals just to ride on it's back.

michael_cb_125

Well look at it like this. You would not have to get sick of your corals being in the same place all the time.
I can see it now: "Armor of God Zoanthus Colony, No Not your average polyp rock this new and improved polyp rock will gradually make its way through your tank. Dont get sick of your corals sitting still all the time. Get the new AutoPolyp Rock for only $19.99 by RonCo."

well my blue hippo ate most of the hair algae already but the zoanthids are all open and looking good my tank is cloudy right now cause i recently added some more live rock, ( i have a very slim budget right now) but after the water clears i will put up pics