Just a Merry Christmas to all my RS Freinds

Brucey

Hi Guys / thanks BoomerD and Travis for their emails.

Hi Guys . . . this makes very sad reading "You last visited us on 10-07-2005" . . . GULP. Can it really be that long. Well, I can promise you I had no idea that long, but I just wanted to drop by and let you guys know I'm still alive, still got my reef and to wish you ALL . . . "A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS".

Yep, my life seems so full and busy these days since my son arrived 16 months ago. I managed to keep things on track until he was a year old and since then it's all gone mad. WHY ? Well, like Homo Erectus he went and stood up and as any parent reading this will know. My life change forever. No more do I have hours to play with my beloved reef, no more can I sit in peace on the sofa and trawl the Reef BB's, no more can I sit with a cup of tea by my side and relax in peace. I wouldn't change him for the world but sometimes I really do wonder what I used to do with all the hours in the day.

Well, a quick reef update. I haven't bought any more fish or SPS Frags for well over a year now as everything was max'ing out and everything has to grow. I've had to introduce an Aquamedic Nitratereductor which works great. My remote DBS wasn't keeping up with the growing fish demands anymore and I had a few SPS probs with nitrate crawling upto 35ppm. Now it's running around the 5ppm mark and holding steady. A nice bit of kit but rather expensive to setup. The tank thankfully is fully automated these days, even the misses knows how to feed them :) (only joking Terri / Gina / Doni) so when I'm away on business I have no need to worry. I did lose 25% of my corals about 2 months ago in a very weird incident. I changed my MH bulbs from Arcadia 250W 14,000K to BLV 250W 14,000K and within two days ALL of my horizontal facing plating monti's had bleached and ALL my SPS Staghorns near the surface bleached as well. Some recovered but most never did. I've still not seen anywhere of a similar incident but it was def the change in bulbs that did it. Weird.

Anyway, just to leave you with a few photo's of the main love in my life these days (don't tell Louise), my son Drew. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to make a little reefer out of him and he'll understand, Daddy just wants to sit in peace with his laptop for half an hour and chat to his RS mates.

Take care all and have a great Christmas and Prosperous NY

Brucey

Attachments

• Drew Mud smaller.jpg
    Drew Mud smaller.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 26
  • Bruce Drew 1st Birthday smaller.jpg
    Bruce Drew 1st Birthday smaller.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 26

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo: Hi Brucey!! Great to hear from you! Bummer about you loosing some corals to the new MH bulbs. I've heard of many similar stories. Acclimating corals to new bulbs is one of things on my VERY IMPORTANT list now! GREAT photos above! Your son is ADORABLE!

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :)

BTW... we all wished you a happy birthday via a thread!

Don't be a stranger! :p

dobejazz

What a Doll! My Violet is 2 so I feel for ya! She has more energy than the energizer bunny! Have a great Holiday Season!

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi Brucey, good to hear from ya!

That's an adorable looking boy you've got there. Tough for a reef tank to compete with that smile, eh?

Merry Christmas my friend.

BoomerD

Great to hear from you again. Kids...can't live with them, can't kill them...Many of us have had "issues" when changing bulbs. Brings back the recommendation to cover your tank with several layers of window screen material, and remove it one layer at a time, every day or 2, to allow the corals time to adjust to the new lighting levels...
Anyway, glad things are otherwise going well for you.

17.gif

Gina

RS STAFF
Hello Brucey!
It sure is good to see you! We've wondered where you've been and if things were ok!

I'm sorry to hear about some of the problems that you have been having but, I'm sure things will turn around and be on the up swing for you soon!

I can't belive how big your son has gotten!!
Before you know if we'll be seeing his first grade pics, then high school graduation, wedding then your first grandchild!! LOL

I wish you and your wonderful family a very merry christmas and great new year! God bless you Brucey and keep in touch!

Witfull

happy christmas Brucey! good to see ya,,,enjoy the time,,,,it will fly by and soon he will be grabbing the cars keys and out the door~

that first pic is one to get framed!

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Great to hear from you Brucey. Have a great holiday and thanks for the updates and pics! :thumbup:

Cheers!
:whstlr: