JKreef's 75 Gallon Project

Craig Manoukian

JKreef said:
Tonight I purchased the Lamarck Angel from work as well as a BTA and also a tiny...and I mean tiny RBTA. Lights are out in the tank now, so I'll have to post some tomorrow after work.

Rock is expected on Friday, so hopefully it comes then because that's my day off. Sooner it comes the sooner I can re-scape and post pics!

Way cool dude!

Newt

Well I've been quite busy between work, school, and maintaining all of my cages and my tank the last week and a few days so I never got the pictures up of the rock like I promised.

The new base rock came on Wednesday of last week, and I didn't have anytime to touch it, so late last week after the lights went off the rock went in. I really like the diversity in shapes and sizes of the rocks that I got so I would really recommend www.reeferrocks.com

So heres the new aquascaping.

tankshot02.jpg

Fulltankshot01.jpg

Newt

It's been a month since my last update so here's another full tank shot.
FTS.jpg

RBTA01.jpg

Frog01.jpg

clam01.jpg

Attachments

• FTS (2).jpg
    FTS (2).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 69

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Looking good! That clam is very cool looking. My perculas are living in my euphyllia too!

Newt

Wow! It's been a loooong time since I've updated this thread, I'm way overdue for some pictures for you all. The tank has definitely been maturing nicely, and after a few months of being burnt out on working with my SW tank, I've started to polish it back to its former glory...and now starting to fill in those empty spaces on the rock with corals!

My old job at the local pet shop was really stressful, since then I've moved to work in an aquatic shop started by my old store manager that left the other store. The sweet part is that my discount includes buying products/equipment/livestock all at cost plus a slight shipping charge...so I'll have it brim to brim with corals in no time. :)

Here's a few current pictures of my tank....
100_2327.jpg

100_2324.jpg

100_2329.jpg

100_2328.jpg

100_2338.jpg

100_2342.jpg

100_2331.jpg

100_2339.jpg

100_2345.jpg

I'll start to become more active on the boards again, the insanity of the last few months has really slowed down.

-Jason

Gina

RS STAFF
Beautiful!
Congrats on the new job!
How's your Harlequin get along with the other fish?

Newt

Gina said:
Beautiful!
Congrats on the new job!
How's your Harlequin get along with the other fish?

He's a model citizen, and of now he's even left the crabs and snails alone...however I did take my 2 year old cleaner to work and put him in the 150 gallon display I'm setting up there.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sorry I was inactive for so long!

-Jason

billyr98

I have a harlq tusk also in my tank, he ate my starfish last week and a couple of my emerald crabs... But he is a terrific fish in the reef with others...

Newt

At this point I'm not concerned the least if he eats all of my hermit crabs/emeralds/hitchhikers, the fish I've lost in the tank thus far were all gobies that hid in holes in the LR at night, so I assume a crab of some kind got them.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Let em eat those crabs ..that harlequin tusk is prob my favorite fish ..my tank is too small for em ..if i ever get a bigger tank...yeah.

great lookin tank jkreef love that gorg .pic too...:thumbup:

lcstorc

Beautiful tank and pics. It has been a long time. I can see lots of progress on the tank and it looks great!
Good luck with the new job. We are glad you are going to be able to be around more.

Newt

It's been a while since an update, I hope to start becoming more active again and again on this forum.

This week after being gone for new years I came home to find my tank a complete mess. I'm not sure what went wrong while I was gone for two days, but my tank crashed, crashed hard...:waa: :doh:

I'm guessing it was the Xenia, because I don't have really any left. Everything seemed to go downhill really fast. I lost most of my corals, and all of my fish but the female tomato clown.

I've done two large water changes this week. I'll be stripping the liverock out of the tank this next week and scrub any leftover xenia off. The tank itself I'll be saving for African Cichlids in my future fishroom, and I plan on buying a RR 90 gallon to replace the tank. The 90 will most likely just be a FOWLR any possibly a reef over a course of time.

-Jason

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Sorry to hear that... :look:

Glad to hear your spirit wasn't broken... good luck!