Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

rlcline76

Well, you do not know what I have been through just to get here. I do not remember much of the last 2 days, but this morning I was trying to get here and a wall attacked me...and then Becky Jr, kept trying to spin me in my chair...I fought barfing. You need to learn how to appreciate what little effort I put forth. Jeez...

Jeremy0322

any pics yet?

Not yet, i cant even pick up the tank until monday night, so pics will come then.

Well, you do not know what I have been through just to get here. I do not remember much of the last 2 days, but this morning I was trying to get here and a wall attacked me...and then Becky Jr, kept trying to spin me in my chair...I fought barfing. You need to learn how to appreciate what little effort I put forth. Jeez...

Well in that case I am sorry, and am truly grateful that you fought through such adversity just to come here and tag along, I am forever in your debt!

And I think I am only going to drill one hole in the tank and run the return over the top just so I dont run the risk of cracking the tank for something thats not needed, seems like the sensible option to me. It will add about 3 inches more head loss to the return pump, but somehow I dont think that will effect me too much :lol:

Jeremy0322

P2154234.jpg

Can anyone tell me what kind of skimmer that is?

Jeremy0322

An old one! :lol:

lol, thanks for that Scott :thumbup: I only ask because if I know what it is I can get a value as to what its worth and then know how much I can sell it for. Also, what is a good price for live rock to be sold at online. I see it going for about 3-4 bucks per pound, is that normal.

Jeremy0322

No one else has an idea on the skimmer, man are you guys not on the ball today :ashamed:

And for those of you (everyone) that is following the 55 gallon thread aswell, there will be pictures on it in a few once everything uploads :woohoo:

Jeremy0322

No clue, lol. Wasnt really worried about that, Ill know more about everything when I pick it all up monday night.

dianezoo

that makes sense. I wathing thinking of connecting them by dilling little hoes for the zip ties, so if the tubes are filled then are you tiying them around the tubes?

Jeremy0322

that makes sense. I wathing thinking of connecting them by dilling little hoes for the zip ties, so if the tubes are filled then are you tiying them around the tubes?

Yea, if i read that statement right thats the idea, I have seen it done a few times by people and it seems to work really well, plus it exposes more of the rock to flow and such, im working on that right now actually haha

Jeremy0322

I think I finally "earned" the title "reefer" this evening. Instead of going to a party on a saturday night I spent my evening so far buying water, salt, distilled vinegar, zip ties, the stuff to make the light fixture hang, and a few other things. I think I had more fun this way too....how sad it that :lol: :help:

Also, if anyone can link me somewhere I need a good explanation of how to make computer fans run off of power adapters. And I would like to do 2 fans to 1 adapter if that is possible?

And another thing, if anyone uses IO salt and has a "Pet Supplies Plus" around them I would go look at the price of the 50 gallon bags, cause I just picked up 150 gallons worth of salt for about 35 bucks, its on sale for about 4 bucks off a bag, which is cheaper than the internet BEFORE shipping

yungreefer2410

we had one when i lived in washington state. had all of those petco petsmart. i have anice petsmart here. i get my fw fish there now

Jeremy0322

For a few days I have thought about setting a freshwater tank up, but I am only taking one tank with me when i move so it doesnt make any sense too. I saw a really nice one where it was a waterfall that had fed the tank and then about 1/3 of the tank was fish, but it was a TALL tank, it looked really really nice, calming too!

jjohnson3

I have been to about every petco within 100 miles of my hometown and in my experience none of them have been good. Here is why

1. Bad service
2. Unknowledgeable staff
3. Tanks are disgusting with cyano, algae, and/or dead livestock.

This one store is horrible. Thats my experiences with them. Others in different parts of the US might have better luck than me.

jjohnson3

Ive seen one of those! I think they are called biotope aquariums. aquaterraneams? Something like that. I call it a glass box with a waterfall and fish...