Jebao wave makers (wp 10 and wp 25) in RSM 130

slfcaptain

I am thinking about trying in of these power heads. The price is hard to beat and I am willing to give them a try. Has anyone tried one of these in an RSM 130? Which one would be a better fit?

steve

plasma327

I have a fellow reffer that has wp 25's in a 75 gallon. They move alot of water and he is unable to run the 100 percent as it is to much flow. They do require lot's of maintenance(cleaning every couple of weeks but he is happy with them. They are more of a direct current flow insted of wide flow. Not as bad as the old power heads use to be but not a vortech wide either.
He has had them 6 months roughly. He has had no isseues with them. I must say for the price point they are hard to beat.. Hopes this helps..

slfcaptain

I already clean my koralias monthly so I dont mind if I have to clean the jebao monthly.

I am pretty sure the wp 10 is what I need but I was wondering if the wp 25 on a lower setting would be ok.
[Corrected a stupid auto correct error]

steve

Last edited:

Newjack

I have a fellow reffer that has wp 25's in a 75 gallon. They move alot of water and he is unable to run the 100 percent as it is to much flow. They do require lot's of maintenance(cleaning every couple of weeks but he is happy with them. They are more of a direct current flow insted of wide flow. Not as bad as the old power heads use to be but not a vortech wide either.
He has had them 6 months roughly. He has had no isseues with them. I must say for the price point they are hard to beat.. Hopes this helps..

I know I am new here but just out of some experience, that is right they do have more direct flow than anything and can be a bit to much but what ive seen a few times and am trying now is instead of pointing them across the tank, put them in a corner and point at the back wall and it may reflect off and get the wavy sense your looking for with a wider spread.

slfcaptain

I know I am new here but just out of some experience, that is right they do have more direct flow than anything and can be a bit to much but what ive seen a few times and am trying now is instead of pointing them across the tank, put them in a corner and point at the back wall and it may reflect off and get the wavy sense your looking for with a wider spread.

I have heard that criticism too but like you said I can bounce the flow off glass and rock.

The hardest part now is finding the wp 10. They are not on amazon. The one site I found that has them you can only pre order them and it is a Hong Kong based company with a sketchy website. Haven't seen any complaints about them though.

steve

slfcaptain

Amazon just started selling them. I had been checking obsessively for the past few days and this morning it was on amazon. I placed an order and hopefully it will get here in a couple of weeks.

steve

slfcaptain

The WP 10 came today. It really is small. I am wondering if I should have gotten the wp25.

I wont have a chance to install it until next week because I wont be home this weekend.

steve