JD'S 150 Gallon Reef Tank Progression

JD Mosher

Just starting out here. December 2017 we purchased a reef tank and paid to have it moved to our home.

So far I have battled Green hair algae, Red Slime, Bristle worms and Iche. I am still battling the bristle worms. Learning the hard way about the importance of a quarantine tank. (I now keep a 30 gallon quarantine tank currently occupied by 3 new family members waiting to go into the main display tank.)

Looking forward to learning the best way to keep my tank and inhabitants healthy. I have already lost a few fish and don't want to lose more.

Tank: 150 gallon, 30 gallon (3 compartment) sump, Reef octopus protein skimmer with charcoal and phosphate units attached.

Inhabitants: Purple tang and 2 Clarkii clowns (only survivors of the Iche outbreak), Sea Haire, 30 blue hermits, 20 snails, 2 Arrow crabs, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Blood Shrimp. Leather corals, Neon green and Brown Kenya coral, Hammer corals, Green and Orange Frogspawn corals, Duncan Corals, Red Goniopora, multiple mushrooms and some others not sure what they are.