JBJ 28 gallon heater?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hi all,
I'm putting together of all the stuff i need to get for my new tank. Looking for help on the heater size from someone who has the jbj 28. any thoughts? I heard it can't be longer than 10 inches but it is so hard to guess/buy without seeing it first!

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

wallie03

I bought a 100watt hydor heater for my 29 biocube. i no its not the same tank but very similar . Its small. plan on running the same one in a 50 watt in the summer... hope this helps

corrado007

I've got the JBJ nano cube 28 and I went with two 50Watt heaters but one 100Watt would also do the trick. The reason for the two 50Watts is because if one fails and either sticks on or stays off, it won't be as devastating to the tank (it won't get too cold or too hot as quickly). I wend with Jager heaters though aqua via is also a very reputable brand.

OHmariner

I have a 14gallon Nanocube wit a sump and I have had great luck with a Marineland Stealth Pro heater (75watt), my tank is always at 80 degrees where I have it set. There is a recall on the larger stealth pro heaters but the smaller ones do not have the problem. As corrado recommends I would suggest getting two heaters too, it is a great way to reduce epic tragedy, the other method is to get a heater controller that could also prevent a melt-down. I had a heater stick on, on a small freshwater tank and it was the worst experience an aquarist (is that even a real word? haha) could have.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks! I got a visitherm 150w after hearing about the stealth problem and I bought an ebo 75w backup that I will have in the other chamber and use for water changes. jpsika has me begging the lady for a Neptune so hopefully soon I'll have that too!