It Finally Happened!

Warnberg

Here are a couple of pics of the eggs... sorry for the bad pics but best I could do with the light I am dealing with.

IMG_2790_Medium_.JPG

IMG_2791_Medium_.JPG

Warnberg

Update, observing the eggs today some are very dark some are about the same color. I am thinking there are very few viable eggs here, but we will see. Should be about another 3 to 5 days before hatch.

Warnberg

Update, I did an egg inspection last night while I was feeding rotifers and splitting my phytocultures. I'm not sure there are viable eggs here, good indicator as to why the parents are eating them. I'm going to leave them for now and keep an eye on them, if schedule holds true the parents will lay another clutch sometime next week anyway and I think I will leave them alone. I think the best course of action at this point is to let the parents be until they keep a clutch to hatch.

Warnberg

Update, some of the eggs did hatch, but very few. I saw maybe 6 total fry and within a day or two they where dead. So I'm going to wait until the parents actually have a batch of eggs go to hatch before I pull the next batch. They are due to lay again probably tomorrow or Friday.

Warnberg

Update, the clowns have skipped a scheduled egg laying. Only a couple of reasons I can think may have caused this, one the anemone they where nesting in decided to go on a little expedition, two I had a slight nitrate spike and it took me two weeks to get it back under control (not sure this would have effected it but I was working in the tank a lot) or three me pulling the eggs last time upset them.
But on a good note, I have plenty of rotifers and green-water and the clowns are looking like they are getting ready again, just a little late. So hopefully this will be the one....

Warnberg

Update, clowns laid eggs again yesterday evening. Problem is the anemone moved and the clowns decided to lay on the rock. Then this morning the anemone moved back to it's original spot and the eggs are covered if there are any. The clowns seem to be nipping at the anemone to make it uncover the eggs. Will keep an eye on things to see if this is actually a viable hatch.