Issues with my open brain?

Ashr

Hey all

So my OB has been looking under the weather lately during the day. It does seem to open up a lot more after the lights go out but I dont see him feeding/feelers out as much.

My tank is about 7 months old.
All my levels are at 0.00 PPM
No Phosphates 0.00
Calc around 400.

Now I do know that some times the OB would do this for a day every few weeks and release waste. Seems the past week has been about the same. No color loss or fungus on it though... nothing seems to bother it and it looks fine on the outside. Just very shrunken..

Here are some photos.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

P1010727.jpg

P1010721.jpg

P1010720.jpg

P1010716.jpg

P1010715.jpg

you could raise your level of calcium but that may not be enough. what kind of lighting do you have? ever tried feeding your brain a variety of foods aside from krill pieces? best of luck though

Ashr

I have PC lighting. Stock Red Sea Max 130 lighting.

I do spot feeding every few days

I do a water change every week... ( i just got a Bulk Reef Supply RO/DI home water filter)

He seems to open up at night and gets much bigger too..
very odd...

Ashr

He only has looked like this during the day in the last week or so. Only thing that is different is that I use my own RO/DI water and not a local store. He uses to open up but every few weeks he did this after a good feeding and the release waste..

dougm

How is the OB doing?
My scolymia did the same thing earlier this week, all params were good, etc. Left white light off for a day, used just the blues, then it started coming back. Today, day 3 it's back to normal and eating again. Hope this helps. I'm very new to corals but have noticed if the water tests ok, then just keep an eye on things- other corals sting, shrimp or crap walking all over it, creepy things in the dark bothering it, etc.