Is this HLLE?

RDrink25

Please help me Idnetify this? His head has has the black spot for a month now. But now starting to get white spots as well. He is eating as of now but has become a little skiddish.

IMG_3927_zpse5b69fb1.jpg

IMG_3923_zps43f2c0e5.jpg

IMG_3921_zps4240eee1.jpg

Mike Johnson

It very well could be. The bluish spot is where the fish's brain is; and the white spots are where the fish's lateral line is. Have you checked your tank for stray voltage? I know how hard it is to take a picture of a Flame Angel.

Mike Johnson

Take a multimeter, set it on AC volts, insert black tip in grounding hole in wall receptacle, red tip in water look for any movement on multimeter, which would indicate stray voltage. If voltage is detected: Unplug one electrical appliance at a time until you find the culprit.

dblasky

I used to get shocked when touching the water until I removed the damaged powerhead. I like your method better. could there be stray voltage without feeling it when touching the water. I've wandered this for a long time. I will test it today.

Mike Johnson

Yes, there can be stray voltage and you wouldn't know it by touching the water. In order to get shocked you have to be reasonably grounded or the appliance itself is grounding.