Is this Fission? Propagating?

Paendora

My mushroom is has been very active lately. The latest is this new look. Is it splitting?

When I got these two 'shrooms 6 months ago, they were on a small rock. They were doing really well in the sandbed, so I left them there. If they start splitting, do I need to have this small rock nestled on a bigger one to give them a place to spread?

Mushroom Sept 30 2006.jpg

Paendora

Thank you, Thank you.

Today, the division looks more pronounced. I think I'm going to have to work on rearranging/adding to my rock. Just hate moving it, it seems to love where it's at!

lcstorc

If it likes where it is, then why move it? Mine divide all the time and when the rock gets too full one or two will just break free and attach to another rock. I did buy a rock with 5 different types of hairy mushroom and eventually broke the rock so each could have it's own piece. Other than that I pretty much find a place they like and let them do what they want. If they break free they will blow around in the water column until they find a place to attach. Just watch your power heads etc. if you go that route.