Is this dude bad

travis127

There is 2 or 3 of them in my tank... if there bad how should I kill them?

Attachments

• anemone.jpg
    anemone.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 231

BEELZEBOB

neat lookin'. Rock anemone maybe?

GOOD WORK KATHY, I CONCUR.!

they can sting other corals. but yea, they're kinda cool!

i have one inmbeded in the middle of my blue cloves.

i guess i may kalk paste it, or boiling water syringe the bad boy. i knda like him though

travis127

there was like 3 of them on the rock I got. my tank is in the start of its cycle so they could die from that

BEELZEBOB

well, here's the gig.

right now they're sweet.

but aways down the road when you have like facy colored things that you paid GOOD money for that are growing, and moving to new areas in your tank, these said critters can STING them.

soooooo, as a fellow reefer; sound advice would be to rid youself of these pretty pests. god forbid some day they are more successful than the pretty corals you paid for.

But, didnt. and now I understand.

i'll leave you with a metaphore.

A dandylion is beautiful in its own right. but not many plant them in their gardens.

returnofsid

Rock Anemone, also called Flower Anemone. They've been said to eat fish once in awhile. I've got a very large one that's been in my tank for over a year. I have had a couple of fish mysteriously vanish...I have had suspicions about the Flower Anemone...but never have been sure.

seen these all the time at the lfs, they call them Anemones cuz they jump all over the tank, even though they kinda look like zoos. they are pretty cool and dont get out of hand.