is this a high out put or not help! just bought

calikush420

hi i just bought a 2 light 48" 65 watt t5 is that a high out put t5 i have a 75 gallon, how many bullbs do i need @ the minimun and can i buy ati lights for this fixture? what are many watts is a high output fixture.?

DaveK

Lighting will depend upon what you want to keep in your system. I would consider your lighting ok for a FO or FOWLR system. It would be marginal at best for corals, but you could try zoas or mushrooms toward the top of the tank.

For other corals I'd want to see a 4 bulb or 6 bulb fixture over the tank. They have much higher light requirements. If you want clams or SPS corals, then a 6 bulb fixture or MHs.

rdwilson91

I think most types of mushrooms would definitely grow in this light- but not variegated, striped, blue, or ricordea. Basically any solid colored mushroom except blues, which like medium light. To answer your question, yes, your unit appears to be high output. Normal output fixtures (which I use for color supplementation) are 28 watts in a 48" fixture, and high output are 65w per bulb.

rdwilson91

thanks dudes just bought a 6 light t5 54 watt HO with 10 leds hopefully i can start to grow some coral!

Now that's some light! I have 4x24 over a 16" deep tank and I have softs, montipora, and leather. Can't grow lps though- I think my leather is too toxic. You should be able to grow most corals under that. sounds like a nice setup!