Is this a bad sign for my frogspawn?

Marvilis

Hi All,

Yesterday I noticed a head on my frogspawn not extending its "tentacles?" I don't see bare bone but can this be the beginning of something bad or is it normal behavior? My water parameters are fine and I'm doing a WC tomorrow. If it's a bad sign what can I do to help the situation?

frogspawn.jpg Frogspawn Close up.jpg Frogspawn Close up 2.jpg

Surfnut

Perhaps your Frogspawn snagged something worth eating and is in the process of moving said morsel to the nearest mouth.

Pat24601

Other than observing my frogspawn for about 10 months, I'm hardly an expert, but that doesn't look alarming to me. I think the possibilities other have mentioned sound perfectly plausible. I'd wait a few days and see if something bad looking develops, but I bet it goes back to looking normal relatively soon.

Marvilis

Thanks for the replies and interesting articles @frisbee specially the second one about reproduction. I think it was last month that I noticed that a tentacle from the same frogspawn was on the sand bed just floating around, i thought maybe a crab or something had snipped it and didn't pay much attention to it. After reading the article about propagation it makes me wonder...

I'm not a big coral feeder, I probably feed them twice a month if that. But I did feed them mysis two days ago so perhaps you're right @Surfnut

Well I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens. I'll reply back once I see any changes. Thanks All!