Is there anything I can do?

Lee

1 of my 5 blue/green Chromis has been isolating himself lately, swimming in place usually wedged in a rock crevasse somewhere, or else up against the glass. I've had two fish die in my tank in my first year, and they both behaved exactly like this before they died. The Chromis usually all school together, and have for nearly 1 year, but now this one little guy is all by himself. As far as I know, he's not coming out to eat.

Is there anything I can do to get his spirits back up, or do I just have to watch and hope he snaps out of it?

90 gallon, Tek T5 HO lights, 125lbs LR, Remora Pro skimmer
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 2-5ppm
pH: 8.2
Salinity: 1.023-1.025
Temp: 80
Diet: variety of brine, mysis, cyclopeeze, krill, emerald entree, spirulina, nori, algae, etc
Tankmates: All peaceful, no aggressives. He's not being picked on as far as I know

Lee

Have you tried garlic? Sometimes stinky things get them to come out. I used the Kents kind.

Thats a great idea. I do have some of that garlic extract stuff that you have to keep sealed in an air tight bag

Do you have a QT you could house him in and get him feeding and healthy?

I actually just glued acrylic baffles in my former QT tank which is now my soon to be sump. (have no plans of adding anymore fish, so I decided to sacrifice the QT tank)

HOWEVER, shortly after I posted this thread, the upset Chromis decided to re-join his school. I fed them right away and all 5 chromis were eating, so it looks like I got lucky.

Thanks for the help you two