Is my shrimp bugging my anemone

W Churchill

I've an anemone for about 6 weeks now, no idea what he's called, he's quite small (his head is anyway) he sinks is foot right down into the sand and only shows his head, he is able to move his tentacles rather than them just waving in the current and his tentacles are like fern leaves a little, not smooth like on most. I don't know if that describes him very well.

Up to now he's never fluctuated in appearance, my other anemones look better some days than others.

A couple of days ago I got a couple of anemone shrimp (sort of transparent and white, if that's them). A couple spend a bit of time in my large anemone but sometimes wander onto the toadstool mushrooms. One however hasn't moved from the small anemone which is only about 40 mm across and now the anemone is starting to curl in on himself slightly.

Should I be worried.

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
not really, if it is truely an anemone shrimp they will do the anemone no harm :)

W Churchill

Curious, how do banded shrimp and Condis get along? Just curious.

I assume you have been following some of my other threads, I'm really quite useless when it comes to names, so a little clarification first. By banded I assume you mean what I refer to as a boxer shrimp, by condis I'm a little less certain but assume you mean my purple tipped white anemone.

If this is the case, there is absolutely no issues, occasionally the shrimp will rummage through the anemone but neither seem to bother each other, definitely no reaction from either. I'm a noobie at this and wouldn't like to give anyone any advice at this stage, but on this point I would have no hesitation in saying "no problem".

My anemone shrimp is still apparently bugging my other anemone, it completely buried itself the other day (the anemone that is), as a result the shrimp went elsewhere and the anemone came out again, but it soon came back and the anemone is once again in retreat.

it bothers me a bit, because the anemone buries itself, it may well die and cause a hellofamess without me knowing. I sort of thought that with a name like anemone shrimp that they would pair with them rather like clownfish, not bug them into submission.