Is a clown goby for me?

funkpolice

hello,
I have a 55 gal reef tank with a few soft corals and some lps. For the last year I've had a clown fish(2-3" long), a royal gramma that has double in size (about the same size as the clown now), and a cleaner shrimp. Today at the store they had a tank with two yellow clown gobys in it and I thought it looked very cool. My questions are, do you think two of these guys would be too much of a burden on my tank, and do you think the gobys will get along with my other fish. The gramma and clown are always hanging out with each other now, I'm afraid they would team up and pick on the smaller new fish. You're opinions are appreciated.
bill

i have a cinn. clown goby and he does great in my tank i have a 3 head neon green candy cane and a 1 1/2" green mushroom with a 3" valentinie puffer and they all get along

lcstorc

Clown gobies are wonderful little fish and I have never had a problem with them with one exception. I have yet to be able to keep two of the same color in the same tank. I have one yellow in 3 different tanks and a citron in with a yellow in one of them but every time I put in two yellows I end up with one.
Gotta love the little guys though. Very low bo-load and they will perch on almost anything. Even my clams don't seem to mind. They stay perfectly open while to goby sits there surveying all that is around it.

very true mine is always on top of my tonga pole staring at me lol but i love his cinnomon color with the neon blue stripes down him...

funkpolice

I'm going to think on it for a week or so, but as of now I think I'm going to get one. Thanks for you're input.
bill

yup no problem that is what were all here for..... i would say if you were closer i would sell you mine for cheap instead of payig store prices but to far away.... but post pics of him when you get it...

funkpolice

Allegan isn't that far. My wife and I go up there all the time when it's a little nicer out. Last time we went to Luddington for a couple nights. Maybe we can trade frags sometime this summer. Did you guys get a ton of snow last week? I can get him from my lfs for 10 bucks, so it's not very expensive.
bill

right on yah we got a ton of snow my drive you literaly needed a 4x4 to get down it i think i got stuck in it about 8 times took me about a hour ina half to get out of my drive way last week lol but yah this summer would be great if your up too it we should start a club around here all the ones i know of are like three hours away for meetings and stuff i would love to go to them but working third shift and only having weekends off isnt no good for me.....

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
You don't have any aggressive fish and you don't mention SPS so I don't see a problem in adding the Goby.

funkpolice

The fish I have aren't aggresive by nature, but I feel like they are aggresive. Also , is a goby not good to keep with sps? I thought that gobys lived in sps in the wild. I don't have any sps now, but I'm planning a lighting upgrade in the near future, so I would probably move to sps at that time.

leahski

hey motocrosstcw, still offering that yellow clown? i'm in GR and i've been keeping a lazy eye out for one.