Instant ocean gel food

Luukosian

Been using this for a couple months now and fiigured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone else is using it. Fish and coral all love it, doesn't seem to be raising nutrient levels any higher than frozen and its a heck of a lot easier!

Its a gel that comes in 20 individual packets for about 5-7 bucks.I've been using the Pacific Krill version and its very easy to use and the packet makes it easy to target feed if needed.(google "instant ocean gel food" if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

DaveK

I've tried it, and I didn't like the gel in there, but I can't really say it's a bad food or anything. I'd have to rate this as an ok product in that it works ok, but there was something about it I didn't care for.

Luukosian

I was kind of hesitant about it at first too because of the consistency, its just kind of a wierd/new product. Once I started using it on a regular basis though I really started liking it. Thawing, rinsing, and feeding frozen food is just kind of a pain after a while on a busy schedule and dry food isn't something I really want to feed my reef. Also seems to have a good assortment of vitamins in it(from the ingredients list) and seems to keep everything in the tank healthy and thriving.

I'm pretty sure the gel is just a starch and soy product so nothing to worry about there. The individual packets make it easy to feed all my tanks, one packet is almost too much for just my 55 reef so I feed it to my freshwater fish too and they love it. The food doesn't seem to break up and fall apart in the water flow as much as frozen seems to.

cindyp

I got some free its ok but I prefer Rods food better and so do the fish the IO seems to stay too clumped up when added to the tank.

cioutlaw

I got some free & tried it, not bad. I think the price was pretty high & your paying a lot for packaging. Im sure I will stick with frozen.

BobBursek

I bought the Algae and Krill, I like it but it does cost more per frozen cube, but no freezer burn, It is nice put hopefully they can bring the price down.

i've used it for shy and finicky fish, let's them eat in the dark, though I find my shrimp eat most of it before the fish have a chance. I've never put the whole container in there, usually split it into quarters and shove it into a rock crevice. It's really nice if you're using any medicine that has to be ingested (like metrinadazole), much easier to mix the powder in than if you thaw a bunch of food, mix and refreeze every time. of course, i didn't think of this until AFTER I already mixed the frozen food, lol!

jcgardner

I use it. Mine was free as well. The fish really seem to like it. I mix it with a little tank water and then spot feed everything. My Duncans are multiplying like rabbits.

ALreefer

I got some in a bucket of reef crystals and tried it once. Fish ate it but didn't seem as enthusiastic as they do with Rods so I have not tried it anymore. I may try it again though, I still have the whole package less one packet.