Injured LPS help

nano reefer

Ok, I have an injured LPS coral that came on some LR I purchased the other day. What, if anything, can I do to help it recover. Is this just one of the many times that I just need to be patient, or can I help it. Also, I have no idea of LPS husbandry, all I have is a few soft corals on a beginner nano reef. Is 65 watts of PC going to be enough light? I have it at the bottom of the tank with gentle flow over it. Any help is highly appreciated!
any_idea.jpg
P.S. Also, the tank is six months old and has just started to build coraline algae on the glass.

mantid

That fungia is beyond recovery. I believe you need a little more lighting and plenty of space on your gravel for it to find its happy place as they will move around on the sand beds. Sorry for the loss.

Also from the looks of the algae and dark areas of the skeleton, I believe that you may have purchased this coral already in recession. If it was just purchased a few days ago and started to die while in your tank that skeleton would be much whiter in color.

It should have looked something like this when you purchased it with no skeleton (hard calcium material) showing.
fungia.jpg

*not my photo

LPS_Blasto

65w of PC on a 10g tank is probably too much light. Shade it under a rock or put some plastic window screen over 1/2 the tank and shade it under the screen.

All you can do is be patient. Keep the water changes up and keep your water chemistry in good shape. If you ever see any tentacles on it-- FEED IT!! Most LPS extend tentacles at night. It will eat any meaty pieces of food. Brine, krill, mysis, clam etc... Feed it tiny pieces with a turkey baster.

If you don't see any tentacles, don't feed it. Just shade it a bit and keep up with your water changes.

It will take at least 6 months for it to recover. Maybe 12 months. It may never recover. Just be patient. I hope it was cheap.

yungreefer2410

65w of pc is not too much light. he didn't buy the coral it came on a piece of lr he got. i would put it out in the direct light and feed it if you see any tentacles come out at night. it prob won't recover

augustasalty

not going to make it

its either a cynarina or a scolymia (i always get the two mixed up) anyway, when a coral is too far gone to be saved a LFS will toss it in the live rock bin. I do it when a coral is gone at my store. you can try something like Brightwell's 'Restore' but I would count this up as gone.

oohohohoohoh wow.. id say that you waited a day or so too long to seek help.. its passed recovery my friend.. id just leave it in its place.. and see what happens.. most likely it will just die off and then you can either chuck the plate or keep it.. your choice..