inducing a pair to breed?

Hey
I just bought a pair of breeding clownfish. They have been together for 2-3 years and suppose to be breeding. I've had them for a week or so, but my question is, is there anyway to make them breed in my tank? What can cause them not to breed, they are all over each other and really love each other.. any help or info is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

kragon

Mine do that right once they got out of the the bucket into the qt and they think my hand is an anemone, but with my discus breeding some times it takes years others they breed right away

chipmunkofdoom2

I'd say give it a few months. At just a week, they're probably still getting used to their new home and probably won't feel comfortable enough to mate. Along with that, I have come to understand that moonlighting will encourage them.. I'll let someone who knows from experience tell you though, this is just stuff I've read.

surfzone

my pair wouldn't breedin in a breeding tank, but they would breed in the reef so i placed a tile in the tank where they like to spawn, and they spaned on the tile from then on out. the best thing to do is just wate wate wate. the more comforable they are the sooner you will get a spawn, also feed them feed them feed them. the more food and the better the neutrition the better your chances are of getting healthy eggs. try feeding things like mysis shrimp, spirulina enriched brine, formula two pellets fresh crab, and fresh fish. i've been known to make my own food with fresh raw crab, shrimp and fish, a little squid add som fromula two flakes or pellets and a good suplament such as Kent's Zoe or zocon, or silcon. this allows for a good blanced diet. you my also want to try live foods from time to time. However live foods can introduce pathogens to your tank, but all my pairs got live foods at some point. It is also a good idea to to on MOFIB - Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders - Marine Fish Breeding / Saltwater Fish Breeding / Marine Invertebrate Breeding, or read Matthew Wittenrich's breeder's guide.