Indonesian 120 Gallon Reef

plecosword

:lurk: I have set up a 120 gallon aquarium, It bought it about two weeks ago, but I haven't been online in a while. I will have pictures later. Since this is a used aquarium, it came with all the eqipment. It is a glass aquarium by Leemar, euro bracing, Diamond cut edges, sord of rimless. I have a sump/refugium, but I still need a skimmer. Its got a center overflow, and a rio pump for the return.
For lighting, it came with two - 250 watt metal halides, with old PFO ballasts. Those things scare me, when you first turn them on, they will make a loud, vibrating sound. They get hot, but they are elevated from the water surface enought so that I do not need chillers, or even the fans. I have been thinking of replacing them for something equivalent though, but I'm not sure what yet.

So I need some help with choosing a skimmer, I was looking at the Turboflutor Multi.
I was also looking at led as a replacement, but they seems dim when I saw them in person. The Ecoxotic fixtures look good, but I want one that will replace these halides. The Cannon pendants they have were bright when I saw them in person, but I dont think they will properly fit in my canopy.

plecosword

Pics!

file.jpg

file-2.jpg

He tweets
file-1.jpg

Lights
file-12.jpg

plecosword

Saving the corals from the insane ammonia spike
file-4.jpg

Refugium/sump with old foamy skimmer
file-5.jpg

Mini fish room!
file-8.jpg

Far from water, the ballasts. There is also a canister, 404 fluval.
file-6.jpg

plecosword

This are the readings of the aquarium as of yesterday; 11/04

ph 8.2
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 1.0 ppm
nitrate 20 ppm
Phosphate .6 ppm

TDS 11 ppm (tested a few weeks ago)

I think that tank will be ready in about a week

plecosword

I have an issue;
the tang's ick went away form the tail, but now he has 3 more spots, on the dorsal fin area.
I took of the uv light a few days ago.

plecosword

Im really enjoying the new layout of the forum. I got a Naso tang and a moorish idol. I have been doing deep research on these, This idol is fairly young which makes it easy to teach it to eat other foods. I fed it nearly 14 small feedings yesterday to fatten him up from all the transportation. He is doing great, he picks on the coraline algae, and hair algae. I am more worried about the naso who is only eating hair algae right now.

Ill be switching the moorish idol to Angel Formula which is made from sponges, a main part of their diet. Hopefully, I will be able to keep him long and healthy.

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg