Incredible ‘living pictures’ of a coral reef aquarium

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This is the most amazing technology I've seen in photography in years!!!!

Incredible ‘living pictures’ of a coral reef aquarium using a Lytro light field camera

Posted on March 14th, 2012 by Jake Adams

In case you haven’t heard, the Lytro is a new type of camera that doesn’t take photographs, it takes a snapshot of the entire light field, resulting in a type of digital image that can be refocused after the fact. For some people this means that they can snap away and worry about focal points later, but for us it means producing dramatic living images of our favorite aquarium animals.
For more details check out the full story at:

Incredible ‘living pictures’ of a coral reef aquarium using a Lytro light field camera

DaveK

When I saw the picts my first thought was that thy looked great, but how much does a Lytro camera cost?

I looked it up on the Lytro web site and it's really not too bad, $399 or $599, depending if you want to be able to take 350 or 700 pictures.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Very neat idea.
My only issue would be how to force focus attention on something. As a former photographer there are times when I want to take someone's attention and specially focus on one area or object in an image.
But very cool none the less...

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....