In the hole!

captbill

My condy has not found his happy spot yet, 2 times now it moved into a spot where it appeared to be stuck to the point where I felt I had to move it. Last nite all looked good appeared to have found its spot and this morning it look's like it pulled itself into a crater in the lr. Should I worry? I really can't think a way to get it out w/out harming it.

Attachments

• P1011583.JPG
    P1011583.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 87

lcstorc

Don't try to get it out. You will only damage it. If it is going into the rock then it is doing it for a reason. We have no idea why they act like they do. Since they are capable of moving on their own it is best to just let them do that. They will go where they like the conditions best.

seafansar

Mine crawled straight through a a rock that had a bunch of holes in it! It would have been much easier for him to just go around, but no. He made it out the other side just fine and crawled to another spot he liked better. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll move till they find a spot they like and then possibly move again a few weeks/months later just to keep you on your toes!

SJS

I put my RBTA on a rock, he stuck to it, but that night moved lower, within a day or so he had pulled himself through the rock to the other side. Like Seafansar's it could have gone around but went through instead. He's been there for weeks now and hasn't moved. Nemes are tricky to keep alive, best to let him be where he chooses...

ReefSki

Mine also found a spot inside a hole on one of my rocks.

I agree with the above posts, leave the Nem alone and it should be fine.

jaybroreef

Ditto....you NEVER know were those buggers are gonna go. To me, thats one of the most interesting things about them!!

Snelly40

they like putting their foot in holes, its a good way to pretect it and themselves if need be. Def never try to move an anemone from its hold.
I am dreading the day i need to mave b/c my carpet is stuck to the bottom of my tank through my sand bed

naperenterprise

My Sebae Anemone likes to do weird things from time to time, loves crawling under cave scapes... Its also a pig. Will eat a 2.5 inch silver side in no time at all...