I'm getting a new tank!!!!!!!!

SeaTreasures

It's going to be a couple of months until it's in my house but I'm so darn excited I couldn't wait to tell someone!

My wife is the one that set everything up and started the ordering process. Isn't she great? :)

Anyway, it's going to be a 225gal. glass tank. The dimensions are 72L x 30W x 24H. It is being custom made by a company in New Jersey. I am going to build a custom stand and canopy. The design is kind of like a two piece hutch for those of you that will know what I am talking about. The hood and side pieces will be one piece and the stand will be a second piece. The side pieces will have doors to enable access to the pumps that will be part of the circulation loops and it will also kind of create a "built in" look for the tank. There will be a total of 12 holes located on the back glass and both side panel glass for circulation loops. It will be plumbed into my basement to a 100gal sump with a 55gal refugium.

I will keep you all updated and post pics as things come together.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:thumbup: Wow!! Congratulations!! That will be a sweeeet set up!! :whstlr:

....send your wife some roses! :D

SeaTreasures

Woodstock said:
:thumbup: Wow!! Congratulations!! That will be a sweeeet set up!! :whstlr:

....send your wife some roses! :D

Thanks
I wonder if a rose colored coral would make her happy instead of roses lol

Gina

RS STAFF
Wow, looks like you've made it to the 200 club.
Sounds like it's going to be a awesome set up and I can't wait to see it.

See, not all wives are bad! LOL

lcstorc

I think that deserves a diamond.
Wait, ou're gonna need the money to stock that baby. :)
Maybe the coral is a better idea, but she should get to pick it.
Anxiously awaiting pictures. Sounds like it's gonna be great.
Peace
Lynn

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
:LOL: Mike.... Very Cool! I think you need to get her something more than roses...but a good start and idea Woody! :thumbup:

Cheers!
:)

Witfull

another 200 club member~

getting hard to keep up now,,,hmmm, this sounds like a thread idea!!

SeaTreasures

Thanks for all the replies. My wife enjoyed all the gift ideas LOL

Just a little update. I found out that the order isn't finalized yet so I was able to tweak it a little:)
I'm in the midst of deciding if I want it to be a 225 like my wife setup or a 280. Either way it's going to be 72"L x 30"W and either 24"H or 30"H.
She's so nice and should have never said "It's your tank, do with it want you want" hehehe
I will be having a total of 18 holes drilled. 10 on the back glass panel and 4 on each side panel. It's a lot of holes but I like current. I will be using 2 8-way Oceans Motions both connected with Sequence Dart pumps. I am waiting to hear back from Oceans Motions to make sure this will work.
I will be using a Sequence Hammerhead for the return. I will also be adding another 100gal sump to make it 2 100gal sumps. One sump will be placed higher then the other and then dump into the other sump which then the return will come from the lower sump. I like lots of filtration also LOL I'm still going to have the 55gal refugium (loaded with macro). So if I did my numbers right I'm looking at a total of about 550 - 600gal. of water with my system and about 11,000gph of flow.:eek:h:
I'll be using a Nautilus EX Hi-Prs Venturi Skimmer 48" which does upto 800gal. I've used Nautilus skimmers in the past and I've had great results. I'll be putting in about 480lbs. of live rock and there will be a nice mix of LPS and SPS with some softies (zoas, shrooms, rics) for fill in and more color.
Here is a drawing of the stand I will be building. Ignore that it says 180 because it definately has been changed:)
D = Door
FD = Fake Door (using for looks)
180GSTAN.jpg

Drawing of framing
FRAME180G.jpg

billyr98

good luck with the setup... if you have any questions, my sump and fuge are in my basement too.. its AWESOME!

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, that sounds fantastic. Nice size - 30" front to back would be awesome - you can do some great aquascaping with that.

Can't wait to see "in progress" pics!

Gina

RS STAFF
Wow! I can't wait to see how you aquascape that monster!
Are you going to start with a dead base rock or going all LR?