I'm considering DIY 2prt additives

cracker

I'm using a measuring cup. 150 mls at the moment. I finally got my SG down to 1.026 . I learned that a different SG greatly affects the test results. So I wanted to know from RedSea what the SG is supposed to be for their test kits. The instructions didn't say or I missed it. I dosed 200 to get my levels up now I'm slowly reducing the amount to see what my tanks wants. The lowdown is Red sea states for an SPS tank. !.026 is best SG. The actual test directions state to make sure the SG is correct. But they don't state what that correct SG is supposed to be for the actual test. I'm not sweating it,I'm in the park and that's ok with me.So in a few weeks I will test again,keeping the SG at 1.026 as best I can. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself.I need to get the levels correct before I try other dosing methods. Thanks for the Op's!

cracker

OK , I just tested a new batch of my Coral Life salt. Ok so at 1.025 sg. refractometer adjusted with ro (001) tds water.
mg 1280 good
kh 9.5 good
Ca 340 low Tested 3 times! I don't trust this test result Ya know what it;s always something! It's a brand new box of salt it shouldn't be that low! :banghead:
Any way I'm not going to chase these numbers. Will test the tank in 2 weeks