I'm being patient...

ccrfuzzy

gotta a picture Cracker? If you can take a picture with a yardstick visible for reference, that might help. I'll gladly have him look at it.
Elaine :coffee:

ccrfuzzy

:whstlr: lalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaa just hanging around watching the LR grow....whistling patiently..... Hey! all the hermies are still alive, so at least that's a start. LOL :rolleyes:
Oh...good side effect...hubby is trying to figure out how to build a new stand so that we can set up the second tank, a something (30 gallon? 40?) long tank which is my favorite anyway...and it was HIS idea. :thumbup:

cracker

CCR fuzzy here are 2 drawings of a standard metal stand for a 55 gl tank. It's 48 by 13 by 30" the shelf is about 8" off the floor. the 1st pict is what it has now, the 2nd pict shows how I want to remove the center section and front brace of this shelf , Leaving the 2 side and back braces.Then bolt another brace higher up and between the front legs,the front . I don't see where it would be a problem.

HPIM1459.JPG

HPIM1461.JPG

ccrfuzzy

cracker said:
CCR fuzzy here are 2 drawings of a standard metal stand for a 55 gl tank. It's 48 by 13 by 30" the shelf is about 8" off the floor. the 1st pict is what it has now, the 2nd pict shows how I want to remove the center section and front brace of this shelf , Leaving the 2 side and back braces.Then bolt another brace higher up and between the front legs,the front . I don't see where it would be a problem.

I'll show his your pics when he gets home and ask. :) Can you estimate how thick the metal is on these legs and maybe the weight of the tank?

Elaine

ccrfuzzy

Witfull said:
get him to think about building a fish room!!

hehe funny you should mention that ;) I have this idea to turn 2 rooms into one and he wishes I could set up the old 125 gallon tank..... :thumbup:

for now, the challenge is that I want to set up this something-long (48.5" x 12.5"?) tank as the refugium for the 55 and put both on one frame. How to do it and keep both reasonably visible is the challenge. Anyone seen something similar?
Elaine

ccrfuzzy

Oh thanks Whitfull! ok, so 33 gal, I'll remember that. What do you mean by prop tank? Propagation? Man, don't I actually have to get good at something to do that or am I misunderstanding? I'm thinking I'd put some LR and good plants (suggestions?) in there with some fun peppermint shrimp, maybe that hawkfish, I dunno, nice peaceful fish that would get lost or beat up in the bigger tank. I used to have shrimp, urchins, gobies ...that sort of stuff.
Elaine

cracker

Hello again, The stand is constructed out of standard 1.25" angle iron . The metal is 1/8" thick.I estimate A glass 55gl tank with sand, water and all at around 600lbs. Seems like a lot of work just to fit a good sized sump and skimmer underneath the tank. Now your idea of taking out the guest room to create one big room is much more interesting!
Thanks , Brian

ccrfuzzy

Witfull said:
if its infront of the tank,,,wahts for dinner,,ill be over~

Flounder. :) Um, my tank has LR and 5 very tiny hermies, remember?:rolleyes: Maybe in a few months ok? LOL