ID this for me please

AkaSlyGuy

Thanks for the quick responses. Hydnophora is what I had picked out of the books I had. But it was hard to really see details in the books, much like in the picture. Thanks again.

Joe

AkaSlyGuy

Actually it is very yellow, I just got a new camera and I am playing with the settings to get the right color.

Joe

mps9506

If you can manually set the white balance. Get a piece of PVC pipe and stick it in the tank with the lights on. Go to your manual white balance setting, aim it at the PVC pipe and click. Your colors should be dead on accurate after that.
Most point and shoot cameras now do not have manual WB settings unfortunately. Most only have settings for different light conditions, like florescent, dim light etc...

Snappy

hydnophora rigida, Very aggresive coral so be carefull not to have it too close to other sps as it will attack with its' sweepers that can extend a good 2-3 inches. Once it tags a coral it will look like a big spider web between the two while it is eating the less aggressive piece. Very easy coral to care for though. Lighting for them can range from PC, T5, MH, VHO, etc.
Good luck.

SueT

yep, hydnopora and watch out for sweepers. This coral will send them out at night and sting and nearby coral to death.

AkaSlyGuy

Thank you everyone for your help with the coral and camera :) I have a new project that I can not wait to get started on. I just received my 2 - 250 watt Icecap MH retro kits. Now I just have to design a canopy to house them and 2 VHO actinics. :) I can't wait!!!!

Thanks again

Joe