ID this coral plz and Propagation!

I bought this combo corals, 1)I know the top one is Soft Finger Coral,is it filter feed or do I need to feed shrimp?
2) What's the bottom one? Is it pineapple coral? Do I need to feed this guy,if yes, what should I feed with?
3) I realize I dont really like this bottom that much,what are the ways to separate them? a)cut the soft coral through the bottom b)use a screw driver to cut the bottom rock half c)just leave them and cut a few pieces off to frag

608474C0-FB6F-4B3D-B3CF-2A4412CA5174-16649-000017C3C7447EE2.jpg

ronnunan

The bottom piece looks to be a favites of some kind...hard to tell with the pic. If you wanted to separate them i would pop the top piece off or cut it using a dremel or take it to your LFS and have them cut it with a band saw that's used for cutting coral.
To feed.... wait for the tenticles to come out.....maybe at night and either feed some mysis or brine.... or some fauna marin to the tentacles... Try doing a broadcast feeding with power heads off.. Many options...

theplantman

My guess at the bottom piece is acanthastrea echinata or possibly a micromussa. a closer picture would help. I agree with having the top piece cut off with a band saw, it will be the cleanest operation. If you attempt to separate them yourself with say a rock chisel and hammer, which would probably work, just wouldn't be as clean, make sure you were protective gloves and eye protection.

aaromano

Its either some type of favites or it could be a zooanthid colony. I've got a colony that looks just like that from that distance. Polyps are kind of small for an acanthastrea. Its hard to tell if those are skirts on polyps in the pic. As stated you could just cut the finger leather off and reattach it elsewhere

The bottom piece looks to be a favites of some kind...hard to tell with the pic. If you wanted to separate them i would pop the top piece off or cut it using a dremel or take it to your LFS and have them cut it with a band saw that's used for cutting coral.
To feed.... wait for the tenticles to come out.....maybe at night and either feed some mysis or brine.... or some fauna marin to the tentacles... Try doing a broadcast feeding with power heads off.. Many options...

Yea but I never see him with open tentacles in night or daytime. Don't even know where to start to feed this guy

My guess at the bottom piece is acanthastrea echinata or possibly a micromussa. a closer picture would help. I agree with having the top piece cut off with a band saw, it will be the cleanest operation. If you attempt to separate them yourself with say a rock chisel and hammer, which would probably work, just wouldn't be as clean, make sure you were protective gloves and eye protection.
So u suggest to bandsaw through the bottom of soft coral or the base rock that is attached to?

Its either some type of favites or it could be a zooanthid colony. I've got a colony that looks just like that from that distance. Polyps are kind of small for an acanthastrea. Its hard to tell if those are skirts on polyps in the pic. As stated you could just cut the finger leather off and reattach it elsewhere
No it's no acan for sure I have acan so I can tell. But do u know how to feed this guy? Are u suggesting to cut through the soft coral or the rock?

aaromano

and feeding the bottom one shut down pumps and try a little bit of thawed frozen mysis squirted on to the surface. My LPS, (scans, chalice, etc) will open up and engulf it.