Ick or Velvet

oakleyx

Hello

So against my better judgement I put a purple tang in my tank and something is affecting my yellow tang and and I just lost my flame angel.

I woke up this morning and found my flame angel grasping for air. I quickly gave him a fresh water dip and put him in my a quarantine tank with copper.

When I came home he was worse and eventually died.

Does this look like ick or velvet or do u think something else.

3C35ED31-0461-4AA1-A1BE-A40377F27540_zpsj5xeq6qn.jpg

20CF81DF-1729-4B54-A96B-204EE862DEF1_zpsqogvfy8j.jpg

C6E1DA91-A726-4BF8-880A-8D1AA75C8F7F_zpsz2lyzbya.jpg

My other fish seem to be doing ok but my yellow tang is scratching and flashing. I'm going to catch them and put in my quarantine

Thanks
Dan

ReefApprentice

Sorry to hear about your loss D: . Almost looks like some type of fluke imo then again imp not that "savvy" on diseases. See what others chime in.

Wolffman64

Sorry to hear about your problems mate. I just went through a protracted battle with Ich, and it's not fun.... From my limited experience, it doesn't look like Ich at all, that's all I can say.

I used Hydrogen Peroxide with success, but the tank took quite a beating during the treatment. Best of luck mate

oakleyx

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help identifying the problem. I have some good news!

Last night I fed my fish praziquantel mixed in with food and dosed the tank with prazipro. When I came home today from work my yellow tang was out and about swimming around normally and eating. He is scratching a little but I definitly think it's working.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks again
Dan