Ich!!! Again

cindyp

hello does anyone know away to cure ich in a reef tank I have tried everything I can think of please if you know of something I can do I would really love to know..................

Fish Head

I just got rid of ich and I used kick ich for two cycles. It's marine safe and it worked for me. Also ran my uv at a very slow flow rate. Also look at sanyo fish remedies

Tommy

cindyp

I just got rid of ich and I used kick ich for two cycles. It's marine safe and it worked for me. Also ran my uv at a very slow flow rate. Also look at sanyo fish remedies

Tommy

ok I have kick ich and have used it and it went away then today I noticed not only my tang has it but the coral beauty does too. I had the tang first and was treating him in a qt and the ich was gone so after awhile I move him to the dt and now 2 fish are affected the tang and coral beauty.I dont have a uv sterilizer but I think I will pick one up. what do you mean by treating two cycles? did you use kickich in your reef tank? Thanks for your help

richbridges2001

I read that ich is in the substrate, this u can kill what is on the fish will drop off into the substrate. If the ich is killed in the substrate then you will have succeeded in killing it all. The thing I found that cannot be without is an UV light. run your water by the light extremely slow it will kill anything. Works for me never had ich again.

cindyp

I read that ich is in the substrate, this u can kill what is on the fish will drop off into the substrate. If the ich is killed in the substrate then you will have succeeded in killing it all. The thing I found that cannot be without is an UV light. run your water by the light extremely slow it will kill anything. Works for me never had ich again.
thank's I'm workin on buying a uv as we speak...

zoolatry

I've had the ich problem too and tried a lot of things to get rid of it - I agree that the hospital tank seems to be the only really effective solution to get it gone and keep it gone.

Rotorgeek

I just had an issue with Ich. I used "Kick Ich" for a 1 1/2 months. Use as directed and and do water changes once a week, at least 20 percent. If you can do a hospital tank thats your best solution. i was not able to do so. Good luck

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF

Slickcg33

The only way to rid your fish and tank of the ich parasite is detailed in this link.
It requires treating the fish with hypo or copper in a hospital tank while leaving your display without fish for 8 weeks.
UV only kills the free swimming stage of the parasite and only in the water that goes through it.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums.../23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html#post316048

That is the best method. ^
When i first started up my tank and was new to the hobby i lost a bunch of fish to ich due to ignorance. my clown and potters angle had it for a month straight... off and on. It was due to bad water quality.. once i got that in check they seemed to fight it off. I had a cleaner shrimp working around the clock and i used kick it as well(be careful as i didn't have many corals at the time. reef safe products are NOT reef safe, I used "rally", same makers as kick it and it destroyed Zenia and star polyps). It eventually went away once the fish felt at home. Tangs are notorious for getting ick, any little thing can set them off and im going to guess it will be extremely hard to rid the fish of ick with tang infected unless you do the qt method. Just some fyi experience ive had with it, Good luck!