I want to change the Skimmer in my RSM C250

relexus

Searched the internet couldn't find the measurments for the C250. What you can do is this. Make a cardboard model and try to fit it in. Oh duh cardboard hahaha. Or just a sheet of plastic 90mm wide and try to fit it in. Cheapest solution i think. Good luck (ps next weak salt water and live rock and then we know what the skimmer does)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

sirstan51

Im running both the 9004 and the 3162 filter. Both fit perfectly in the chamber and i have the osmolator eye attached in the designed housing compartment on the filter. Love it so far. I most likely will remove my inTank rack and use that compartment for a mini max reactor eventually.

FB_IMG_1447828738772_zpsaqcfwsoa.jpg

FB_IMG_1447828775957_zpsmbfavas4.jpg

relexus

Im running both the 9004 and the 3162 filter. Both fit perfectly in the chamber and i have the osmolator eye attached in the designed housing compartment on the filter. Love it so far. I most likely will remove my inTank rack and use that compartment for a mini max reactor eventually.

FB_IMG_1447828738772_zpsaqcfwsoa.jpg

FB_IMG_1447828775957_zpsmbfavas4.jpg
The osmolator eye is that also a tunze?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

mike1970

how is the surface skimming in the tank with the water level so high with the 9004 skimmer?

Last edited:

sirstan51

The osmolator eye is that also a tunze?

Yes. The osmolator has an optical sensor as primary and float valve as an overfill backup. The filter actually has a designated are for the optical sensor to connect to. This helps ensure a stable and optimal water lever for skimming.

Height of skimmer adjusted to minimize wet skim. Still, the surface skimmers tend to skim on the wet side, but still better to skimm off the top layer IMO and super quiet.

relexus

Yes. The osmolator has an optical sensor as primary and float valve as an overfill backup. The filter actually has a designated are for the optical sensor to connect to. This helps ensure a stable and optimal water lever for skimming.

Height of skimmer adjusted to minimize wet skim. Still, the surface skimmers tend to skim on the wet side, but still better to skimm off the top layer IMO and super quiet.

Great, we are thinking about the tunze ATO too, nice to see how you did it. [emoji106]

relexus

Running the tunze for a week now. [emoji106] works good oke it gives a bit more water then a deltec. But the noise....uhm what noise. I can hardly hear it. Just love it

Desmond

Tunze all the way. I have seen allot of these tanks with them. Mind you I could not fault deltec. But German brands have never let me down other than the VW scandal lol

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

relexus

Tunze all the way. I have seen allot of these tanks with them. Mind you I could not fault deltec. But German brands have never let me down other than the VW scandal lol

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

We have a deltec but the rotor had an unbalance so it sounded like a chopper. Oke i could have ordered a new rotor, but for 10€ more i have an brand new tunze. And ordering from germany to holland it mostly goes wrong....the experience i had. So better safe then sorry [emoji6]