I think I'm facing a crisis!!

I went to my LFS yesterday to get some water and wouldn't you know all the tanks have been broken down and I saw the owner of another LFS buying all the DT's and taking them to his shop. The place I get my water from is closing. I still have a place to get fish and corals so thats good but the biggest issue is that the store thats closing is my only source (that I know of) in town to get RO/DI H2O fairly cheap. I know everyone is thinking buy a RO/DI filter. I have one, But my house was built in the early 50's so all the plumbing through out the house is copper and I don't want to run the risk of adding water that copper has possibly leeched into.

So What do I do??

Will a RO filter remove all traces of copper?

I was able to buy 10 gal of salt water and I still have 5 gal of fresh RO. I also bought 30 more lbs.of LR I couldn't pass up LR for 2.00$ a LB.
So I might have to use the water sooner than later if I get a spike from the new rock.

CATALYST

I have copper pipe and run my own RO. I haven't had a problem. Do you have yours hooked up? They do sell copper test kits.

CATALYST

Its been awhile since we put it in. My husband did it. I don't remember many tools being involved. It took about half an hour and I didn't hear too many cuss words so I know its not too bad. We put it under the kitchen sink. I think that was the worst part...the tight quarters.