I think I know why he died!

bullet

Even though your heater has a thermometer has a temp gauge on it get a good digital thermometer we had our heater set at 78 degrees it turns out that was high by 10 degrees luckily it was when our tank was cycling so it wasnt that big of deal how ever we didnt know it til after we added CF and one died its symptoms were exactly as you described when ours died just one was gotten by the emerald crab but thats when we started investigating and found the heat was way to high now our heater is set at 72 and the tank runs between 77.6 and78.3 no problems since

Newjack

ill check in to that...

So I did this for fun this morning but figured I post it on here too. this is pretty much what they do all day.

c93cfe62-3580-43c4-9881-a4224bef80b0.gif

Newjack

update!

So I got home today and one of the clowns were accually checking out behind the rock and was there for about 10 mins... Then after I settled down.. washed my hands... and sat down they go straight back to front and center and start swimming at the glass... Maybe they just like seeing me?

Anyways there doing good I think. breathing looks normal, colors are looking really good better than at the LFS and there still eating the pellets as long as I crush them. Also there no longer flipping out when the lights go off. I am still wondering if they sleep though. I get up every morning except weekends at 5 am. Kick on living room lights and there chilling out by the heater swimming around.

They also started picking at stuff on the sand bed so there getting more comfortable I guess.. Until the turbo snail comes around then they are elsewhere quick lol!

reefer gladness

My clowns do that occasionally when I scrape the glass. Pretty sure the glass is just reflecting their own image back at them and they're shadow boxing with themselves in the mirror.

Newjack

My clowns do that occasionally when I scrape the glass. Pretty sure the glass is just reflecting their own image back at them and they're shadow boxing with themselves in the mirror.

Oh :( I was just hoping they were glad to see me :( lol JK I kind of figured that's what it is. Sometimes when the tv is on they go towards the side glass and I can actually see there reflection.

Its harmless right> I mean eventually they will ignore it maybe?

bullet

you say they swim front and center towards the glass, which way are you pumps aiming ? maybe thats the way the currant is flowing in your tank.We have the main pump and 2 auxliray pumps in our tank & I move one of them to the left or right every day just a little bit and it makes our fish swim in a little different spot. Just saying maybe that's why they stay in that spot most of the time try moving your return a bit

Newjack

Well the return is facing upwards and forward. I use to have a wave maker when I had that they were being pushed backwards. When I turned it off. When I did they setteled down alot. Today the small one is started to explore more and has a hiding spot now. The larger one died yesterday. Had a huge nitrate spike from overfeeding. I guess I didn't relize how much I was putting in there trying to get then to eat.

Kongor

man i wish my clown fish would stay in one space/place, they just dig up my tank like a bunch of butt holes and laugh as I try to re-apply the sand. They also like pissing off the pistol shrimp by burying his tunnel opening lol

bullet

sorry to here about your clown I know the wife hated it when we had our first casualty it also was the larger of the 2 clowns

Newjack

man i wish my clown fish would stay in one space/place, they just dig up my tank like a bunch of butt holes and laugh as I try to re-apply the sand. They also like pissing off the pistol shrimp by burying his tunnel opening lol

Lol my clown started digging holes. I think there just scavenging. But the best thing about mine is the hermits fill it back in lmao. The clown will dig a whole then the next day there filled but the crabs don't fill with sand. My sand bed is mostly white sand with some black gravel. They only fill it in with the gravel. So now when you look in my tank, on the surface of the sand beds its all white + a few piles of just gravel, rather than it mixed in.

Newjack

sorry to here about your clown I know the wife hated it when we had our first casualty it also was the larger of the 2 clowns

I still don't understand why she died. The small one made it just fine and he is doing really really well it seems. The big one was doing really well as well and then one day nitrates got a little high and she was dead. You would think the smaller fish would die first.. They were from the same tank, same school and same fry. One was only bigger because she was dominate.