I seen something more amazing then just a BSJ!!!

TheLegend

The day was July 10th, I was out with my wife and two girls and I'll never forget what I seen at my LPS. We was at the shop, looking at salt water fish like we do when out sometimes. I go in and I saw what 'looks' like a BSJ. Please note, at the time I didn't know what it was but it was very unique and eye catching. It had the body of a Goby/BSJ. The slender body was a vibrant blue/greenish, and the head was yellowish. The colors popped and the behavior of this fish was different from anything I've ever seen. when I walked pass, I stopped and looked for a second. The fish stood up vertically, and stared back at me like I was the fish. Very different indeed I thought.

A few days later after I got home, I thought how unique that fish was. So I called back to the store and the guy said it was a BSJ. And it was gone! So I started calling all over looking for one. Today I finally found one, different location, and I told the guy to hold it. But when I got there, it was indeed a BSJ but it WAS NOT WHAT I SEEN previously on July 10th!!! It was nice, but it didn't catch my eye, and the colors didn't pop. I told the Sales guy what I seen was something very unique and had much more vibrant colors. The guy told me he think he know what I was talking about and said there was indeed a NEW JAWFISH that was recently discovered that resembled the BSJ....He said he heard about this new jawfish, and its newly discovered and this is likely what I saw. He said he's going to try and get info on it and will call me when he do.

I been looking online and cannot find anything on it!!! I been over 50 websites and cannot find anything. I'm beginning to think that maybe what I seen initially was a BSJ but just one that had very good coloring!!...But then again, I know I'm not crazy and I know what I seen and this thing was something totally amazing and perhaps something else?

Does anybody know of anything that resembles a BSJ but have more poppin colors or more vibrant-like colors?

The head is yellow, slender body blue, resembles the BSJ but the colors are much more poppin...please help!!

jski711

I believe you are offering to the common yellow head jawfish. At least that's what it sounds like ur describing.

TheLegend

That is definitely NOT what I saw...what I seen had the colors of a BSJ(Blue body, orange head), but the colors was amazing to say the least. Its blue body was like a Neon blue, very pretty...Very unique looking fish, not saying the BSJ isn't, but this thing was just beautiful. The guy at the store said what I seen is what he believes is a newly discovered blue jawfish and most places don't have it at the stores...But I'm going to keep looking, NOT GIVING UP ON THIS BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT I SEEN.

I've already talked to the mgr of the 1st store(Janet), and she is going to try and back track and talk to her supplier about this BSJ looking fish to see if we can figure out if it was indeed some kind of BSJ fish, will update when I find something.

vubben

It's that cleaver SNL Land Shark!

[Scene: A New York apartment. Someone knocks on the door.]
Woman: [not opening the door] Yes?
Voice: (mumbling) Mrs. Arlsburgerhhh?
Woman: What?
Voice: (mumbling) Mrs. Johannesburrrr?
Woman: Who is it?
Voice: [pause] Flowers.
Woman: Flowers for whom?
Voice: [long pause] Plumber, ma'am.
Woman: I don't need a plumber. You're that clever shark, aren't you?
Voice: [pause] Candygram.
Woman: Candygram, my foot. You get out of here before I call the police. You're the shark, and you know it.
Voice: Wait. I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.
Woman: A dolphin? Well...okay. [opens door]
[Huge latex and foam-rubber shark head lunges through open door, chomps down on woman's head, and drags her out of the apartment, all while the Jaws attack music is playing.]