I need some advice on my molting shrimp

Good Morning,
Today I woke up and found that one of my cleaner shrimp has died during molt. I have had the two for about 2 months now and has never had a problem with them. They just loved to pick food from between my fingers. Last night we added a Kent Marine product, purple tech, to aid my coralline algae. After adding a table spoon, then realizing it was suppose to be a teaspoon, we monitored the water parameters every hour till we went to bed. Nothing seemed to change.
Nitrates:10ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
Ammonia:0ppm
Calcium:450ppm
Alkalinity:10dkh
Salinity:1.023
Ph:8.1-8.3 (dip stick test)
The only thing the product was suppose to buffer is the calcium, alkalinity, and Ph. When I woke up this morning, everything still read the same. I do regular water changes(5 gallons a week on a 30 gallon system), and test the chemistry weekly as well. I have read that Iodine has a part in all this, but I do not have a test for it yet. So my question is any clues to why he died during his molt? His bottom half was off, but couldn't seem to get out of him top half.
Also, after scouring the aquarium I found an emerald crab munching on one of my peppermint shrimp also. I could not tell if he had a molting problem either because he was half eaten by the crab. I lost a peppermint shrimp last week during a molt, but have had two other molt since he died. Could this be because of the new product I added or something else?

smoothie

My guess is something is attacking them after molting since they are most vulnurable then. You are finding the molt and the shrimp?

Yes it is the molt and the shrimp, together. The cleaner shrimp was hanging half way out of his molt when I found it this morning. The peppermint shrinp, no sign of a molt, but the emerald crab had eatin half of him, and I saw a hermit poking around it for a meal too.

smoothie

Nevermind the attack thing then. The crab was just getting an easy meal. Has to be something with the water.

smoothie

Check your ph again and ca. I know purple up (another company/same product) will mess your ph up. If you lost one last week though it is something else