I need plans for 125g stand!!!!!!!!

biggie18

Hello, I think its time to replace the current DIY stand that my tank has and build a decent stand and hood. I can't find any blueprints or plans on the internet. Its a 125 and i have a 4' tall skimmer. the stand i have now has an extension on side to house the skimmer but i can do without. Anyone know any links or plans of you own?

newsalt

Biggie:

Check out my photo gallery There are several photos of my DIY stand and canopy that I built for my 50g. There are finished photos as well as progress photos. I have plans/blueprints for it also. Can you view an Adobe Acrobat pdf file?

tommyp

Hey check out my web page, I have pictures of an oak stand that I made for a local reefer. click on the wood button at the top of the site

Maxx

Here is a link to a monster 125 stand.....
thought you might find it useful. BTW I know of a thread on RC where a guy has a 400 gallon tank, and is using only 2x4's to hold it up.....
Nick

biggie18

Max: The link you gave me is not working....I really want to see that stand. I need to incorporate a 4 1/2' tall pathom skimmer into it too. So I guess some basic structural plans would work then i can customize it as i go.

tommyp

uh, actually I used biscuits and glue. I have a book that has a study on the strengths of different joints and the only one that beat the biscuit was a floating mortise and tenon. I was kind of hesitant at first of putting a stand together with just biscuits but my personal stand is all buscuit and It is sturdy as hell. I figured since the 55 I made was only 12" wide it would be sturdy how ever i put it together so i used buscuits on that too. Since then I have purchased a few nail guns so I might make my next one with nails and glue but probably will stick with buscuits unless I use a 2x4 frame which I might use on a bigger tank.

Thanks

Tom