I need a DIY guide

Tasslehoff

Well I'm not much good at starting new threads but if it helps RS then here goes. This is a 150g 72" long 18" wide 24?" deep.

For some years I have wanted to put this thing in that wall behind it. Maybe a nice 4 inch trim around the hole, add some MH lighting etc.
114PC230006-med.JPG

Suppose you've got everything ready to go.... hole cut, stand built, plumbing and electrical no problem.

How would you keep the critters, rock, SB & all alive long enough to MT and move the tank onto it's new stand?

How would you lift this very heavy tank onto it's new stand on the other side of the wall?

Thanks for your thoughts
Tass

Witfull

get some rubber maid tubs,,move all rock into a few,,,livestock into another,,drop in a PH and heater to the livestock,,,get a few friends to lift the tank and re-setup. have everything ready to go before hand and it should go smoothly....also make up a batch of SW cause you will need to replace some, and a good time for a H20 chaange anyway.

any other Q?

Tarasco

Melev's site ought to give you some ideas:

http://www.melevsreef.com/280g_project.html

Obviously, he had one tank going while installing the other, bigger one, but Wit's suggestion regarding the rubber maid tubs is probably the easiest. Power head or two and a heater should do the trick. If you are planning on keeping them in the tub for a while, don't forget to do water changes.

Maxx

I cant believe both you forgot the most critical pieces.........

Beer and pizza for the helping hands??? C'mon guys there always has to be beer and pizza for any kind of heavy lifting!
:D
Nick

Tarasco

D'oh, how could I forget the best part! Pizza and beer are always crowd pleasers, and no guy that can lift can resist.

mps9506

We did something similar for a local guy. He upgraded his 75 to a 180. The 180 was going in the same spot. Basically what he did was remove all the livestock like mentioned and put them in a bunch of rubbermaids. Then a bunch of guys from the local club got togther and helped move the 180 into the house and onto the stand, Then moved it into place after the 75 was moved.
I actually didn't do much work, I let the big guys do it and I just added my two cents to the conversation on what I thought should be done :D
We didn't get beer or pizza if I remember, but he was/is generous with the frags so it was a pleasure to yell out directions to everyone else while I sat on the couch and watched the big screen tv.
Mike