i love dither fish!!

Charlie97L

i just turned on the lights after acclimating my 3 new lyretails today, and wow, both my tangs are finally out of the rockwork. i love dither fish!

i ordered 4, but 2 had already started to go to male, so i put the more peppy one in, and the other one is sitting in the bucket, he's going to the LFS for credit.

you think i'll be ok with 3? or should i get a few more?

SueT

I really enjoy my fish about as much as my sps corals. They each have their own personality and behavior.

Witfull

im a big fan of green chromis,,,they dwindle with a healthy tusk hunting. i try to keep 7-10 at all times.

plus they are so damn pretty.

Charlie97L

it's 210.

random question witt... what do you think the smallest sustainable grouping of chromis is? i'm considering adding that, and leaving off the wrasse pair.

also, for the anthias experts, my "lyretails" are awfully pink, with blue eyes and yellow fins/tips. are they lyretails? just pale from shipping?

Charlie97L

here are some pics.

they are lyretails, just a different morph. they are more pink that normal. pretty cool. they've really colored up since yesterday. i've never seen them like this before. like, this color.

1) one of the females

2) the one that's started to go male already

enjoy!

Attachments

• anthias6a.jpg
    anthias6a.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 34
  • anthias5.jpg
    anthias5.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 33

SueT

I have a school of 6 green chromis in my 120g. I have a copperband, powder blue, genicanthis angel and my big ol' mandarinfish. They all get along fine and all are always out til the lights go out. I have always wanted to have some anthias but didn't think my 120g was enough room. Now I have much more swimming room but don't know if a couple or 3 would be ok with this list of fish I have. Charlie yours look great.